Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Project 365

It is 10:30 Wednesday night, for most people that probably isn’t late. For me it is very late. Claire is going to be up in a few hours to eat and Mike will probably be up a few hours after that ready for the day. So I should be sleeping. I should have gone to bed right after I got the kids in bed, but I have been up looking at photos that I have taken the past few days of the kids. I am taking an online photography class right now and it is completely stressing me out! I am taking the class because I enjoy photography (even though I am not good at all) and because I want to document my children’s lives. I think it is safe to say that my new hobby has pretty much consumed me. When I should be in bed sleeping I am up on the computer looking at pictures I have taken, trying to figure out how to make them better. Mike is so tired of having his picture taken I have resorted to bribery in order to get him to somewhat cooperate! Thankfully, Claire is still unaware of my incessant clicking, although I snuck into her room today while she was napping to snap a few pictures and the shutter woke her up. As if this photography thing hasn’t consumed me enough I am thinking about starting a new photography project. Project 365. The idea is to take one picture everyday for a year to chronicle your life. It sounds simple enough but to actually stick with it will be challenging! I am trying to figure out where to post the pictures. I don’t know if I am going to post them on this blog or start a new blog strictly devoted to my Project 365. What I do know is that I really would like to stick with this project. The kids are growing so fast and what better way to see that growth than through daily photos!


For now, in an effort to just dive in, here is the first picture for my Project 365!

Mike at the doctor 9/14/11

Mike was worried about getting shots at his 4 year check up. Yes, I realize his 4 year check up was about 9 months late! I'm not sure who was happier when the shots were over, Mike or me.

1 comment:

  1. I would put them on this blog. I know (from experience!) trying to keep two blogs up is impossible. I eventually gave up on my 52 Week project because it was just too difficult. Funny though, I started a 365 on my family blog yesterday! ;)

    ReplyDelete