Thursday, September 15, 2011

Camping


All summer Mike asked to go camping. I wasn't about to sleep on the ground at 8 months pregnant when I could barely sleep in my own bed! And going camping right after having a baby didn't sound like too much fun either! Well, September came around and I figured that if we didn't go camping soon we wouldn't go at all this year since it would start to get too cold for Claire. So, we went camping last weekend for one night at Vail Lake in Temecula. It was nice because it wasn't too far from home and the weather was perfect! We camped with the Brown family. Their daughter Carlee goes to Mike's school and has developed quite a crush on him! We had a good time swimming and swinging on a tree swing that Daryl, Carlee's dad, set up.

I was really worried about Claire being too cold, so I bundled her up in two pair of pajama's and a fleece sleep sack. She was plenty warm! It didn't get as cold as I thought it would and I ended up taking the sleep sack off in the middle of the night so she didn't get too hot! We brought the top part of her bassinet for her to sleep in. She did great!
A camping trip would not be complete without enjoying smore's by the camp fire. I think Carlee was more interested in what Mike was doing than her smore!

A frog got in our tent as we were packing it up! Mike was able to catch it and play with it for awhile. The frog was eventually released back into nature with no injuries!
Here is Mike getting ready to settle in for the night! We brought an air mattress with us this time. Mike and I slept on the mattress and Craig slept on the ground next to us. I am always amazed how someone so small can take up so much room when sleeping! Mike got a good night's sleep, I'm not so sure I can say the same for Craig or me!

All in all, it was a great time! I'm glad we were able to get a camping trip in this year. I was a little nervous to go with a 2 month old, but Claire did great and was very easy! Next year will probably be a different story since she will be mobile!

No comments:

Post a Comment